Sahara Economic Development Organization, SEDO
Al-Nakhwa Street, Tikrit, Salah ad Din
Samarra Branch, Samarra, Salah ad Din
Hours of work: Sunday through Thursday From 8 AM to 3 PM.
Sahara Economic Development Organization (SEDO) was established in April 2008 as an independent NGO (re-registration pending) with its main office in Tikrit. It focuses on developing the economic sector through providing business management training courses and counseling services to entrepreneurs and potential investors to enable them to efficiently contribute to the local economy. SEDO is considered among the most effective and qualified organizations in Tikrit. It has conducted economic studies on the business environment in Salah ad Din, identifying business opportunities and market niches for potential investors in the province. SEDO has a branch office in Samarra and remote training offices in Beiji and Shirqat. The Samarra branch is in the same building as a MFI (Al Musaned). SEDO’s Iraqi Youth Initiative Program training is conducted in both Tikrit and Samarra. Due to its management expertise in accounting and engineering, SEDO has begun providing auditing services to various GOI ministries and project feasibilities studies for private commercial businesses.
SEDO’s mission is to enable our business community to take advantage of new business opportunities in local, national, regional, and international markets and employ new methods and technical applications to manage and grow their businesses.
Board of Directors Chairman: Mr. Sattam Salih.
- Dr. Wisam Neama Hussein, Executive Director.
- Tikrit Office: Saad Almahmood, Director. Ashraf Nima, Deputy Director.
- Samarra Office: Abbas Hassen, Director.
Full-time staff: Six Business Consultants/Trainers, Three volunteering professors from the Tikrit University Documentation Officer, IT Specialist, Marketing Specialist and M&E Specialist.
SEDO at a Glance - Accomplishments to Date:
- Conducted business training: “How to Start”/”How to Improve Your Business” - 86 courses for 1,008 participants.
- Provided computer training & English training.
- Agribusiness Management & Association Management training.
- Organized agriculture fair with Tikrit University.
- Hosted CIPE-sponsored Business Roundtable Forums for provincial leaders.
- Auditing Services and Tax Services.
- Project Feasibility Studies.
- Launched the Iraqi Youth Initiative (IYI) Program (business creation and employment promotion).
Current Services Offered at SEDO:
- Business Skills Training and Business Consultancies for SMEs.
- YI Youth Entrepreneurial Access to Finance – Business start-up and financing assistance.
- YI Youth Employment Promotion - Youth apprenticeships and job placement skills.
- Accounting, Auditing and Financial Statements Services.
- Taxation Services.
- Project Feasibility Studies and Market Surveys.
- English Language Courses.
- Exhibitions, trade fairs and job fairs.
Business Relationships and Affiliations:
- International Relief & Development
- Microfinance Institution, Al Musaned
- Tikrit University
- Tikrit Chamber of Commerce
- Salah ad Din Provincial Council
- AL-Hadhara Women Empowerment Center
- Iraq Ministry of Irrigation
- Directorate of Agriculture in Salah ad Din Province