Sulaymaniyah Business Information Center (S-BIC)
Address: Salim Street, opposite Sulaymaniyah Museum, next to Sulaymaniyah Chamber of Commerce Building, Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
Telephone: +964 (53) 321 04 91 or 0770 1916 297
Hours of work: Sunday through Thursday From 8 AM to 3 PM.
The Sulaymaniyah BIC was established in Feb, 2009 by UNOPS. It operates under the authority of the Sulaymaniyah Chamber of Commerce. It joined the USAID-Tijara Network on Aug, 2010. In carrying out its mission, the Sulaymaniyah BIC addresses the needs of the micro, small and medium business sector and of economically marginalized populations. The Sulaymaniyah BIC promotes gender balance in its recruitment and in carrying out its activities.
The Sulaymaniyah BIC supports the creation and development of businesses in Sulaymaniyah by providing comprehensive business development services, information and analysis to the local business community.
Board of Directors Chairman: Mr. Serwan Mohammad Mahmood.
Authorized Contacts: Mr. Aras Abdul Kareem Marouf Executive Director, Mrs. Nigar Ali Mohammed, Deputy Director.
Full-time staff: Two Business Consultants/Trainers, Three Visa Processors, Accountant, Office Administrator.
Part-time Staff: Trainers (2).
S-BIC at a Glance - Accomplishments to Date:
- Conducted 8 courses and trained 76 participants in business start-up skills (40% women).
- Provided visa processing service for various trade delegation on international political and economic missions.
- Supported the Sulaymaniyah Chamber of Commerce in its sponsorship of the Annual International Trade Exposition.
- Facilitated economic studies and market surveys.
Current Services Offered at S-BIC:
- Visa processing assistance for trade delegations and individuals.
- Business start-up and financing assistance, and job placement skills.
- English and computer skills.
- Business Development Services promotion at the Annual Trade Expo.
Business Relationships and Affiliations:
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Economic Union
- Contractor's Union
- University of Sulaymaniah - Collage of Administration and Economics
- Microfinance Institutions: Al-Thiqa Microfinance Institution and Bright Future Foundation
- Kurdistan Economic Development Organization
- Civil Development Organization
- Social Center for Training and Developing Women Skills
- Parwa Center for Rural Women