Karbala Business Development Center (KBDC)
Karbala office of Iraqi Businessmen’s Union, Karbala City
Telephone: +964 7813444936, +964 7801020740
Hours of work: (7) hours, Sunday through Thursday.
Karbala Iraqi Businessmen’s Union was established in October 2009 as an independent nonprofit, non-governmental organization (NGO) focused on business & economic development. K-BDC was established within the K-IBMU in October 2009. KBDC is located in Karbala, southwest of Baghdad. Focused on being a pioneer and innovator for business development in the Karbala region, the Karbala Business Center has the expertise to provide credible business information for investors and decision makers, training courses on business development, assisting in developing Provincial Development Strategies, Consultancy Services for companies and entrepreneurs, arranging and managing economic conferences and trade fairs and other various activities that add economic growth to the province of Karbala through combined efforts with the local governing bodies in the region.
We aim to provide training courses on business development, assisting in developing provincial development strategies, consultancy services for companies and entrepreneurs, arranging and managing economic conferences and trade fairs as well as other various activities that add economic growth to the province of Karbala through combined efforts with the local governing bodies in the region.
Board of Directors Chairman: Mr. Mustafa Tu'ama.
Authorized Contacts: Mr. Ahmed Abdulabbas Al-Waili, Executive Director.
Full-time staff: Administration, Trainers (3), Documentation & Accountant, IT Specialist, Maintenance Officer, Guards.
Part Time Technical staff as required.
KBDC at a Glance - Accomplishments to Date:
- Published Karbala Business Guide.
- Organized two Business Exhibitions for international investors.
- Held job fairs and trade fairs for SMEs.
- Hosted Economic Development, Business Conferences and Forums.
- Trained 575 participants in business skills and computer skills.
- English Training for privately owned LaFarge Cement Company.
- How to Start and How to Improve your Business Training Program.
- Youth Employment Program.
Current Services Offered at KBDC:
- Business skills training and consultancies for SMEs.
- Business counseling services.
- Exhibitions, job fairs, and trade fairs for SME's.
- Computer Training Courses.
- Basic English Language.
- Youth Entrepreneur Access to Finance under USAID-Tijara’s Iraqi Youth Initiative.
- Youth Employment Program under USAID-Tijara’s Iraqi Youth Initiative.
Business Relationships and Affiliations:
- Micro Finance Institutions - MOU with Izdiharuna for Iraqi Youth Initiative program.
- Banks – participate in Business Forums.
- Karbala Provincial Investment Commission
- Karbala Tourism Board
- Karbala University