Diwaniyah Chamber of Commerce Small Business Development Center (D-COC)
Address: Al Qadissiyah City, Al Sarai Street
Telephone: +964 07808603186
Hours of work: Sunday through Thursday From 8 AM to 3 PM.
The Diwaniyah Small Business Development Center, established in August 2010, serves as the principal economic development agency for Al Qadissiyah Province. It operates as part of the Diwaniyah Chamber of Commerce with the principal mission of promoting the development of the private sector and the growth of small and medium enterprises in the province.
The mission of the DSBDC is to create opportunity and wealth for small business in Diwaniyah by providing quality solutions to potential and existing small businesses’ needs through consultation, education, referral, and support services. By providing these services the DSBDC promotes growth and prosperity in the domestic markets of the business community and enhances its economic impact on Diwaniyah province.
Board of Directors Chairman: Mr. Mahmood Abdul Hassan.
Authorized Contacts: Mr. Ahmed Witwit, Executive Director.
Full-time staff: M&E Specialist, Administration Specialist, Trainer & Marketing Specialist, Accountant.
Part-time staff: IT training specialist.
D-COC at a Glance - Accomplishments to Date:
- (16) business skills training courses in “How to Start and Improve a Business”, attended by 289 participants.
- “Doing Business in Diwaniyah” Conference in collaboration with PRT and USAID-Tijara.
- Periodic meetings of the Diwaniyah Business Steering Committee to improve business environment in Diwaniyah.
- (5) computer courses attended by 54 participants.
- (8) agricultural training programs for Greenhouse Recipients attended by 186 participants.
- (2) Tourism and Marketing training courses with 42 participants.
- Grant program to distribute tool kits to 132 beneficiaries.
Current Services Offered at D-COC:
- Business skills training programs (How to start a business, how to improve a business).
- English, language training.
- Computer courses.
Business Relationships and Affiliations: