Business Information Center in Hilla (BIC-Babil)
Address: Babil Chamber of Commerce, Hilla
Telephone: +964 7804929737
Hours of work: Sunday through Thursday, 8 hours a day.
The Babil Business Information Center (Babil-BIC) was opened by UN Office for Project Services (UNOPS) under the Babil Chamber of Commerce in July 2008, focused on providing training in Business Start Up and Business Improvement Courses. On June 2010, the Tijara BDS entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Babil BIC to operate as a Small Business Development Center supported by USAID-Tijara. Babil BIC is focused on being a pioneer and innovator for business development in the region.
Create a vibrant business community by providing market let and demand driver business development services including: training; business counseling; market information; and undertake business enabling environment improvement initiatives.
Board of Directors Chairman: Eng. Sadiq Hashim Al Faihan.
Authorized Contacts: Mr. Kanaan Khalaf Abd Ali, Executive Director.
Full-time staff: Administration, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Accountant, Program Coordinator, Training/Logistics Coordinator, Information Technology, Support/Services, Trainers X 2. (10 staff).
Part time staff will be obtained on an as needed basis for specific training or conference programs.
BIC Babil at a Glance - Accomplishments to Date:
- Business Training Courses in How to Start and How to Improve Your Business – Over 260 participants.
- Agribusiness Training – 70 participants.
Current Services Offered at BIC Babil:
- Providing creditable business information for investors and decision makers.
- Training courses on business development.
- Assisting the development of Babil’s Provincial Development Strategy.
- Consultancy services for companies and entrepreneurs.
- Arranging and managing economic conferences and trade fairs.
Business Relationships and Affiliations:
- Babil Chamber of Commerce
- ILO/UNOPS; supported the Trade Fair for Small and Medium Local Industries in Babil, 30 December 2009 – 1 January 2010 (48 companies).
- CHF Microfinance