Al-Murshed Center, Kirkuk
Address: Kirkuk province
Al-Murshed Center (AMC) was established in December 2006 and is registered as an independent non-profit organization under the NGO Directorate. AMC operates in close cooperation with the private sector, unions, the Kirkuk provincial and local government, and other organizations to formulate and implement policies intended to increase economic activity in Kirkuk Province. It offers integrated business planning and financial advisory services targeted to Kirkuk’s small & medium sized businesses. AMC also acts as an information conduit between domestic and international business and governmental and non-governmental organizations. It provides professional programs and services, such as: Security Assessments, Business Journal, Market Analysis, Business Opportunities, Training Workshops, Conference Support, Business Directory, Certification, Business Plans, and assistance with Micro Lending.
The Al-Murshed Center seeks to further investment opportunities, facilitate job generation and promote small and medium size business start-ups and expanding businesses in the province of Kirkuk.
Board of Directors Chairman: Sabah Hussain Ali.
Authorized Contacts: Dalia Jaseem, Executive Director.
Full-time staff: Deputy Director, Program Manager, Business Consultants/Trainers (3), Information Technology, Accountant, Admin Assistant.
Al-Murshed Center at a Glance - Accomplishments to Date:
- Conducted 255 courses and trained 6,400 participants in agribusiness, business, financial and computer skills (17% women).
- Established a legal consultation clinic for SME businesses.
- Facilitated economic studies and market surveys in Kirkuk Province.
- Specialized courses in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and How to Use Internet.
- Business counseling services for SMEs.
Current Services Offered at Al-Murshed Center:
- Agriculture trainings.
- Community services.
- Micro Dairy Programs.
- Woman entrepreneur programs.
- Economic studies and market surveys.
- Legal clinic for entrepreneurs.
- Business counseling services.
Business Relationships and Affiliations:
- Relief International
- Microfinance Institutions: Al Thiqa, Al Aman
- ACDI / VOCA, Marla Ruzicka
- Kirkuk Provincial Council