Anbar Business Center, ABC
Address: Al Warrar Street, Anbar, Ramadi
Telephone: 07901320459 or 07902649896
Hours of work: Sunday thru Thursday From 8 AM to 4 PM
The Anbar Business Center (ABC) was formed in May 2010 through the merger of the Ramadi Business Center (RBC) in Ramadi and the Nahr Al-Ataa Economic Development Organization (NEDO) in Fallujah. RBC and NEDO were both established by the USAID-Tijara program in 2008. The merger of these two small business development centers (SBDCs) forges together the strengths of each, allowing them to operate together as one team under results-oriented leadership. ABC’s headquarters office remains in the former RBC’s main office in the capital of Al-Anbar province.
The mission of the Anbar Business Center is to enable our provincial economical and investment community so that it benefits to and from the development of a strong regional market and to make it capable of using new methods and techniques in managing their businesses.
Board of Directors Chairman: Hikmat Sulaiman
- Zaid Al-Hardan, Executive Director.
- Abdul Kareem, Khalaf, Deputy Director.
- Mahdi Ahmad, Fallujah Branch Manager.
Full-time staff: Two Business Consultants/Trainers, Documentation Officer, Marketing Specialist, Admin Support & Info. Technology, Accountant and M&E Specialist.
ABC at a Glance – Accomplishments to Date:
- Conducted over 180 courses and trained 2,644 participants in business skills, financial and computer skills (26% women).
- Facilitated economic studies and market surveys for Anbar Province.
- Organized the Ramadi Job Fair (2008), Anbar Trade Fair (2009) and Anbar Investment Forum (2009 & 2010) for job seekers, international businesses and investors, government officials and private value-chain suppliers.
- Sewing courses for women; funded by Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
- Provided English and Computer Courses for 48 participants.
- Launched the Iraqi Youth Initiative (IYI) Program (business creation and employment promotion), trained and counseled over 300 youths to-date.
- "Doing Business in Anbar," Market Assessment event Dec 2010, attended by 110 provincial leaders.
Current Services Offered at ABC:
- YI Youth Entrepreneurial Access to Finance – Business start-up and financing assistance.
- IYI Youth Employment Promotion – Youth apprenticeships and job placement skills.
- Exhibitions, trade fairs, and job fairs.
- Business services for SMEs in Ramadi, i.e. photocopying, printing, and stationery, etc.
- English and Computer Courses.
Business Relationships and Affiliations:
- University of Anbar
- Al-Takadum, Ramadi (Microfinance Institution)
- Anbar Provincial Council
- Judiciary Council
- Anbar Governorate
- Ramadi Chamber of Commerce