Iraq Stock Market Report
Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 8th August 2012).
Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes.
ID1,362 / $1,473 (+0.2%) (weekly change). The number of week traded shares was 15.1bn and the weekly trading volume was ID19.6bn ($16.3mn).
Note: There will no trading on the ISX on Thursday August 16. This is a government decision due to the extreme heat conditions in the country. Please note, the 3rd week of August will be a national holiday for Eid Al-Fitr.
ISX Company Announcements
- Mesopotamia Investment (VMES) will hold AGM on August 29, 2012 to discuss 2011 financial results. ISX will suspend trading of VMES starting August 22, 2012.
- Kurdistan International Bank (BKUI) will hold AGM on August 25, 2012 to discuss 2011 financial results, cash dividend ratio and capital increase through rights issue. ISX will suspend trading of BKUI starting on August 18, 2012.
- Original shares of Mamoura Realestate Inv. (SMRI) will resume trading on August 13, after the capital increase from ID11.73bn to ID15.01bn through 10% bonus and 18% rights issues. The opening price will be ID2.44 per share with +/- 50% limit for the first session.
- Original shares of Iraqi Islamic Bank (BIIB) will resume trading on August 12, after the capital increase from ID102.35bn to ID152bn through 11% bonus and 33.75% rights issues. The opening price will be ID1.00 per share with +/- 50% limit for the first session.
- Baghdad Hotel (HBAG) will resume trading on August 12, 2012 with no change in its capital.
- A cross transaction occurred on 1.25bn United Bank (BUND) shares on August 8. This represents 0.5% of BUND capital.
- A cross transaction occurred on 10bn Investment Bank of Iraq (BIBI) shares on August 8. This represents 8.0% of BIBI capital.
- Original shares of National Bank of Iraq (BNOI) resumed trading on August 6, after the capital increase from ID100bn to ID152bn through 4.5% bonus and 47.5% rights issues.
- Dar Essalaam Investment Bank (BDSI) resumed trading on August 6, with no change in its capital.
- Dar Essalaam Insurance (NDSA) will hold AGM on August 13, 2012 to discuss 2011 financial results and cash dividend. ISX suspended trading of NDSA starting on August 6.
- According to the memo (Ref. # 10/1415) published by Iraqi Securities Commission (ISC) on August 1, 2012, ISX suspended the trading of the following companies starting from August 5, due to their failure to submit 2011 annual financial reports in the due time: Al -Hilal Industries (IHLI), The Light Industries (ITLI), Electronic Ind. (IELI), AL- Kindi for Production of Veterinary (IKLV), Modern Paint Ind. (IMPI), National Metallic Ind. & Bicycles (IMIB), Iraqi Land Transport (SILT), AL-Badia General Trans. (SBAG), and Baghdad Motor Cars Serv. (SBMC). Also, continue the suspension of the following companies for the same reason: Iraqi for General Transportation (SIGT), Northern Soft Drinks & Mineral Water (INSD), Kirkuk for Producing Const. Mat. (IKFP), Ishtar Hotels (HISH), and Palestine Hotel (HPAL).
- Mosul Bank (BMFI) will hold AGM on August 12, 2012 to discuss capital increase from ID100bn to ID150bn through rights issue. ISX suspended trading of BMFI starting on August 5.
For the full RS Weekly Bulletin in PDF go to: www.rabeesecurities.com.