Video: US House Oversight Cmte on Transition to Civilian-led Mission
The US House Oversight Committee held a hearing to assess the transition of control in Iraq from a military to a civilian-led mission.
- The Honorable Patrick Kennedy, Under Secretary for Management, U.S. Department of State;
- Mr. Peter Verga, Chief of Staff for the Under Secretary for Policy, U.S. Department of Defense;
- The Honorable Mara Rudman, Assistant Administrator, Bureau for the Middle East, U.S. Agency for International Development;
- Mr. Michael Courts, Acting Director, International Affairs and Trade, U.S. Government Accountability Office;
- Ambassador Harold Geisel, Acting Inspector General, U.S. Department of State;
- Mr. Mickey McDermott, Special Deputy Inspector General for Southwest Asia, U.S. Department of Defense Office of Inspector General;
- Mr. Michael Carroll, Deputy Inspector General, U.S. Agency for International Development;
- The Honorable Stuart Bowen, Jr., Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction.
You can download Inspector Bowen’s report here.
(Starts at 7:40 mins):