UK-Turkey Investment Opportunities in Iraq
As Iraq starts to recover after civil unrest now is the time for the international community to understand the current issues which will help mould the country’s future through investment.
At the Pre-Forum Executive Briefing of the Caspian Gas Forum, the UKTI in partnership with Gastech Specialist Events will focus on the current business landscape and how achievable it will be for the oil and gas production targets to be met.
The Executive Briefing will also explore the huge investment opportunities, the international demand for Iraqi hydrocarbons, issues that are affecting current organisations operating in-country and also those who are considering entering the market.
International experts speakers include:
- Michael Howard, Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, KRG- Iraq
- Saad Sadollah, Commercial & Business Development Advisor, Ministry of Natural Resources, KRG- Iraq
- Mehmet Sepil, President, Genel Energy
- Jim Babban, VP and General Manager, Heritage Oil
- Tony Hayward, CEO, Genel Energy
- Jennifer Coolidge, Executive Director, CMX Caspian and Gulf Consultants
- Murat Yazici, Managing Partner, Yazici Law Offices
Topics to be discussed include:
- The Latest Challenges and Opportunities of Doing Business and Creating Long Lasting Commercial Partnerships in Iraq
- Assessing the Likelihood that Iraq Will Reach its Oil and Gas Production Targets
- Specific Challenges for New Entrants to the Market
- Assessing the Latest Challenges and Opportunities for IOC’s in Erbil
- What Role Can Turkish Companies Play in Promoting Investments in the Erbil?
- What are the Proposed Production Sharing Contracts and Partnerships?
The Executive Briefing will conclude at a drinks reception at the British Consulate in Istanbul at 19.00 on 3 July.