Dunia Weekly Iraq Market Tracker
Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
DNO, ExxonMobil, Shell
- Moves afoot as Maliki pushes back on rivals: Maliki shows once again why he maintains his position on top of Iraqi politics.
- Shell negotiates cut to Majnoon output target: As we expected, Exxon is not the only one to benefit from their Kurdish PSC move.
- DNO lifts reserve estimates: DNO’s adjustment – opportunity to revisit our Kurdish oil thesis.
- Move towards police supremacy continuing: One small potential step towards normalization of Iraq.
- Sadrist PDB asserting self in Basra: Potentially an indicator of SoL-Sadrist relations.
Calendar Events Discussed:
- May 23 – P5+1 Nuclear Talks in Baghdad
- May 30-31 – 4th Round Oil and Gas Auction
- June 15 – Parliament returns from 6 week break